7.02.2010

Ferrell/Spann/Whiting Reunion

I really do enjoy Family Reunions, and this group was a riot! This family reunion included my mother-in-law's side of the family. Every year the location to the reunion changes, and Amber, my sister-in-law, reserved 2010 to be here in Salt Lake City. Amber put a lot of thought and effort into the activities, and she did a wonderful job. The reunion was a blast, and as far as I could tell, everyone had a really good time. We went to Miller Motorsports Park where we went Go Karting.
The Go Karts were supposed to get up to 60 mph, but I had no way of testing that. But they did go fast! Afterward we went to the Deseret Peak Pool. Man was that refreshing!
Somehow we managed to squeeze in dinner at Salt Lake City and a concert at Brigham Park that same day as well.
The next day, was just as entertaining. I actually did a 5K race at Thanksgiving Point where I ran my fasted time. I was able to shed an entire minute off my time. I even got 18th place out of 50 in my age group. And yes, I am very proud of my 18th place slot! I met everyone up at Snowbird after the race where we rode mechanical bulls, went down the Alpine Slide, sailed over the park on Zip Lines, and rode the tram to the top of the mountain.

No comments: