Ryan turned 1 on August 15th. I don't know where the year went. We had a very small, yet nice, birthday celebration. Devon's sister, Amber, and her family came over along with our good friends Jason and Becky-who have two adorable boys. We had an awesome Chicken Alfredo Crock Pot dinner (thanks Megan for the recipe), presents, and cake. Ryan actually really enjoyed ripping the wrapping paper apart and playing with her new toys. Her favorite was a Fisher Price Play House. Paxon also really liked that one... Ryan wasn't too sure about the cake.
Then she got sick, a couple weeks later, with a double ear infection. It was very sad, and cute. But mostly sad. With cute pictures...
August 21st I had my first ever Sprint Triathlon race. It was a great accomplishment for me. It wasn't too hard, which is good. But still enough to get me training and in better shape. I had a bunch of friends, and my sister-in-law, all participating as well. It was just a lot of fun and rewarding. I even managed to get 3rd place in my age group "20-29 years-old." I don't know how, but I'll take it! My good friends Sandra and Becky got 1st and 2nd in their respective order. It was awesome standing on the podium with them while receiving our medals.
We took a camping/boating trip to Yuba lake the last weekend in August with some friends and family. To the kid's surprise, and joy, Yuba has sandy beaches. The kids played with their dump trucks, built sand castles, were buried in the sand, and played in the water with nothing but smiles and laughs (and swimsuits).
My grandfather celebrated his 80th birthday this past weekend. Him and my grandmother had three children, and those three children each had three children. All of us made it to Philadelphia to celebrate his 80th. It was such a fabulous weekend with everyone. I LOVE my aunt and uncle, and all of us cousins are about the same age. It was fun to see them all and their spouses. Friday night we had a lasagna dinner at my aunt's house, Saturday we had a picnic at the park, Saturday night we celebrated my grandfather's 80th at a fancy-schmancy restaurant, Sunday we made it to church and watched the Eagle's game after wards. I'm so blessed to have my family in my life. I am thankful for the friendship we all share, and the hugs and laughs that were in abundance that weekend. My grandfather had all his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren there; I look forward to the day when I can stand in those shoes.
Lasagna Dinner
Picnic at the Park
Paxon took his clothes off in the middle of the park to pee.
Buba's 80th Birthday Dinner
My Dad, Aunt, and Uncle (with their spouses) got my grandparent's Eagle tickets.
All us grandchildren put enough cash in to pay for parking at the Eagle's game and a loaded VISA card to buy lunch, drinks, snacks, and whatever else while at the game.
Two of my three cuties
Sunday, my cousin Brian and his wife Rachel were singing this shark song that had motions to their daughter and Ryan. The two girls were laughing so hard. It was very cute. I had to add it.
No comments:
Post a Comment