5.05.2011

Two Different Destinations, One Enjoyable Time

A little bragging is in order this post. Since I have slacked on updating, I have to go back to March. My, most amazingly smart and awesome husband was invited to the National Burn Conference in Chicago after ONLY less than 2 years of working in a Burn Trauma ICU. I guess there were a LOT of nurses who Devon work with, who have worked there for YEARS longer than himself, who were quite jealous and upset that this "newbee" got an invitation so quickly. I have to also add that Devon has already been trained, and actively working as a Charge Nurse in his unit-which is also rare for this early in a Nurse's career. I am very, very proud of my husband who works so hard for his family. So, while Devon was living it up in Chicago, eating $75 dollar steaks, riding in Limousines, and seeing the unique sights of the city...
 On top of Sears Tower
 Chicago from the top of Sears Tower
The Ballroom at the Hilton where Devon ate his last meal before the Conference was over; Queen Elizabeth has even eaten dinner in that ballroom.

...Paxon, Ryan, and I took a break from 40 degree Utah weather for 85 degree Arizona weather. We got to visit not only with my family, but my two wonderful sister-in-laws' (Anaclea and Lauren) families. Paxon and Ryan certainly have plenty of cousins to play with. And I even got to spend time with my little brother, which is unfortunately rare.




No comments: