pg. 89 The complete, the true Mrs. Whatsit, Meg realized, was beyond human understanding...it was only the tiniest facet of all the things Mrs. Whatsit could be.
(This is how I relate ourselves to be after we are resurrected-our
immortal bodies and minds do not even come close to who we can truly be.
We are limited here on Earth.)
pg. 179 We look not at
the things which are what you would call seen, but at the things which
are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal. But the things
which are not seen are eternal.
A Wrinkle in Time's story plot involves a young girl, Meg, her five year old brother, Charles Wallace, and their friend from school, Calvin, who are all sent to another planet within an entirely different galaxy in order to rescue Meg and Charles' father. After experimenting with the sixth dimension and finding an even faster way to travel than the speed of light, Mr. Murry is captured on the planet Camazotz and only Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin can save him-with the help of Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which.
Even though I had read this book in the fourth grade, I was not able to recall any of the story-not even after I began reading. I do not recall what I thought of the book the first time around, but this time I found it simply alright. The plot was interesting and well written, but I found the character's personalities hard to believe and connect with. Also, the plot was resolved two pages before the end of the book. If you ask me, that is a very rushed ending. It was almost as if L'Engle thought, "AND...I'm sick of writing this book...The End."
Although, there two quotes found in the beginning were definitely note worthy for me.
10.25.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read this book as a child too and, like you, it hardly left any impression at all with me. Whenever I see it in booklists of people's favorite books, I always wonder why, lol! Maybe I should give it another try...
Post a Comment