6.17.2012

Blessings Amidst a Troubling Time

We LOVE the beach here! We LOVE, LOVE our ward here!! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new friends here!!! Yes I am being a little annoying with the fluctuations, capitalization, and exclamations, but I feel I would be very ungrateful if I did not try to fully communicate my thankfulness for the blessings we have received in the very short time we have lived here. And let me tell you, there have been many bumps and even a tragedy during this move. But in the mist of all the events that one could easily become swallowed up in despair and heartache, Heavenly Father has sent little blessings into the heat of the fire that have turned into huge blessings that saved His drowning daughter. The beach is so little a thing, but our family spends HOURS there laughing, swimming, playing, building relationships. Our ward is the friendliest ward I have ever belonged too, and I have belonged to A LOT! I have already met so many wonderful people and truly feel a part of this ward. I feel like I have been here for years instead of just weeks. Now, best of all, Heavenly Father sent me Amanda. Amanda and her husband, Gifford, just moved from Texas because Gifford also got into Fairfield University for CRNA school. Devon and Gifford hit it off at school and Devon was talking about him all week. Then that Sunday, our first Sunday here, we walk into Sacrament and there was Gifford and his family. I met Amanda and her little boy, Jayden who turns 5 in July, and her little girl, Bentley who is 2. Since that Sunday, Amanda and I have gone to the beach together while our husbands are in school, and our two families have gotten together a lot for water ice, dessert, "house hangouts," and a Temple trip. I feel like I have known Amanda a lot longer than four weeks. This might sound a little weird, but I feel like Heavenly Father wrapped her up and put a personal gift tag on her for me. I am so very thankful for our new friendship. I also need to point out the blessing of amazing friends who I left behind. Thank you Mary and Sandra for all your emotional support, advice, and personal experience that helped me through one of the toughest times of my life. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who I can testify knows me personally, loves me, and truly helps us out of our hardest times if we let Him. It is too late here on the East Coast, so I am turning in and leaving my last few blog posts for tomorrow. I am loving it in Connecticut though!! And here are some photos of one of our beach trips with Amanda, Jayden, and Bentley.
 Jayden, Ryan, Paxon, and Bentley.
 
 Playing in the sand.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm so glad that you guys have found some amazing friends out there! How sweet to have someone to talk to and hang out with and kids close in age to your own! Love you and hope you guys continue to have blessings and great times in Connecticut!

The Whitaker Family said...

Love that gift wrapped with a tag for you, image! YAY for Amanda!!!!!!!! Its just what I would wish, hope and pray for you... Heavenly Father does love you and I'm glad its been easy to see how he's blessed you despite the very real trials. We miss you like crazy but I'm really hard to get rid of when I want to be so watch out! xoxo!!!

sam & sarah said...

I loved this post. I so glad I guys are here!